Форум фанов Prodigy  |  О The Prodigy  |  Сольные проекты

Тема: Victory Pill (Jim Davies, Kieron Pepper, Pete Crossman)

Последний автор: Dmitriy_Minchenko
Страницы: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Все Ответ | Уведомлять об ответах
   Автор  Тема: Victory Pill (Jim Davies, Kieron Pepper, Pete Crossman)  (Просмотрено 41131 раз)
Visualer
Гость

Victory Pill (Jim Davies, Kieron Pepper, Pete Crossman)
Ответ #34
Процитировать |

так......
вот есть на 46 и есть на 30 мег
где качество лучше? или везде одинаковое?
или проще качнуть flv-флеш файл с myspace?

Sam T
Форумный Маньяк
Рейтинг: 111

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

TOXICA http://vkontakte.ru/id6196058 256734779

Ответ #35
Процитировать |

А как сам клип-то? хорош али г*вно?!

Provadd
Машинист Форума
Глобальный Модератор
Рейтинг: 6099

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

>>>

facebook

Ответ #36
Процитировать |

www.myspace.com/provadd  --- посмотри.

Provadd
Машинист Форума
Глобальный Модератор

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

>>>

facebook

Ответ #37
Процитировать |

Former Pitchshifter/Prodigy Guitarist Jim Davies on his past, and his future with the rather superb Victory Pill…

How did the recording sessions for the new album go?
Jim Davies-Well the recording process went through quite a few stages. We demoed everything in our studio, i’d write the initial music and put down a ruff vocal after which kieron Pepper (the bands bassist) came in a programmed the drums and tightened everything and then we re-recorded the vocals with him adding alot of backing vox and melodies. We got into a nice little system. On some tracks like ‘Worst case scenario’ we tracked the live instruments at a studio in wales called ‘old school’ studios. Pete Crossman (the bands laptop/ synth man) produced alot of the album and mixed it, we didn’t meet up with him till me kieron had spent at least a year and a half working on the demo’s. He knocked it all into shape. Now we have him on board we have a nice little system for writing tunes, i normally write the ‘actual tune’ which then gets passed to Pete to add the beats after which it goes to kieron who does alot of editing and adds vocals melodies and any bass ideas that are better then mine.

What goals did you set yourself before you started recording?
JD-It took us a long time to do this record because i really wanted it to be right. there was a stage when the band was called a different name and we did a few gigs to test out the music but it wasn’t right, i wanted it to be more dark and electronic and at that time its wasn’t, it was too rocky. But then i started working with DJ Hyper and joined his live band which opened the door to getting his producer John Ross to produce a few tunes for us which gave us the new edge i wanted and then we met Pete Crossman through Leeroy Thornhill (Former Prodigy man,also in Hyper’s band) so everything sort of feel into place and we were able to make the album i wanted, so it was good not to rush and just chuck anything out.

What do you feel are your own limitations when it comes to creating/writing music?
JD-Ive never really been interested in production,when i have an idea for a tune i have to get it down as soon as possible, i can finish a tune very quickly when i get inspired but when you start spending 3 hours tweaking a plug in on a hi-hat it kind of kills that rush of ‘bloody ell, ive got a good tune here!’ I leave the geeky stuff to Pete and Kieron! they love it. My biggest limitation i guess is lack of patience, which is why we have a good set up in this band, i know i can write a ruff skeleton of a tune and pass it on to the boys. Maybe im just lazy.. thats quite possible.

Tell us 3 of your favourite songs from your career and the inspiration behind them?
1-’Hidden agenda’ PITCHSHIFTER
This is my fav tune from that album (Deviant) although the production really tamed it. J.S Clayden (shifter singer) was listening to alot of NAS at the time we were writing, we both loved the tune ‘New york state of mind’. it had a great funky double bass loop in it which inspired the verses of ‘Hidden agenda’ After that bit we got stuck and out of the blue JS suggested the chorus turned into Black sabbath playing Drum and bass! so we did, the ending of the song is quite a long section which i came up with, i love the band ‘Helmet’ and theres defiantly that influence there, that was the beauty of PITCHSHIFTER, we’d write without having any conception of limitation, if we want to do a hip-hop style tune that u-turns into ‘Sabbath and bass’ and ends on a hardcore/metal riff then we will!

2-Another clone-VICTORY PILL I love music with a really big groove, alot of the stuff i wrote for the VP album is very groove based, bands like Rage against the machine always had massive grooves in all their songs. on a ‘Another clone’ i wanted a massive riff that was locked into quite a slow, head nodding groove. Lyrically the tune is about an imaginary production line of bands being churned out sounding and looking the same, hence the line ‘Bring out another clone’. Its also a reference to bands being scared to sound different to what is ‘Hot right now’ Which is the tunes opening line “You’re moving in the wrong direction, looking for that recognition’ The Victory pill stuff is the first time i ever written lyrics and its hard but been really challenging to come up with something interesting, i can’t just write a load of bollocks and hope people dont notice but hum the melody!

3-’King and country’-VICTORY PILL
I very proud of this tune, it was quite a departure for me, its not really a rock song, i dont know what category it falls into. Again its got that big groove that i love doing, theres some really nice guitar sounds in it as well, some nice textures. It would have worked well as an instrumental, infact it was originally supposed to be but it had such an anthemic chorus that i had to put vocals to it. Lyrically its about the first world war and how that generation was so willing to walk to their deaths for their country. i think that sentiment of being that immensely proud of our country has long gone these days.I got the idea for the lyrics after i found out my great grandad was gassed at the Somme, that just got me thinking and the lyrics took 5 mins to write.

What would you say was the best show you ever played? why?
Id have to say i loved the Astoria gigs i did with Pitchshifter, ive played with Prodigy when they’ve headlined massive gigs like Reading but always felt detached from it. I think my best gig has to be the 2 Astorias in a row we did on the ‘Deviant’ tour with Shifter, we had amazing projections, really great show.

What are the bands plans for the rest of the year?
The album will be out this summer after which i guess we will be touring, were hoping to get to Italy, Germany and Scandinavia soon.

How would you describe your own/bands sound?
Dunno, its got a dark electronic edge to it but will always be guitar driven.

Who is currently moving you musically at the moment?
Im massively into Nine inch nails, the new album is very different which makes them such an interesting band, im also addicted to the last Depeche mode album, ‘Playing the angel’

What album changed your life and why?

Thats really hard to answer but i guess it was ‘Jilted generation’ by Prodigy as that was solely responsible for getting me into dance music which then re-shaped my guitar style into something that was really original

A moment in your life and a song that seem so perfectly intertwined in your memory?
Again, thats really hard but i guess id say ‘The cure’ Lullaby..many a battered uni night soundtracked by that tune.

Your proudest achievement so far?
Getting this album done and out!, ive wanted to do my own album for so long and i felt i ve spent too long doing stuff for other bands in the past. im really happy with everything around this band, the artwork, the video and of course the album. At the moment we are releasing the album on our own label which is a great way of doing it and avoiding the industry bollocks that goes with getting your band signed, i know how good this album is - the fact that we’ve produced it ourselves is a big achievement i think. we’ve got a great team around this album so im chuffed.

If you could erase one single/album from history (your own or someone else’s) which would it be and why?
A whole album would be a bit harsh but i was never happy with the ‘deviant’ album with Pitchshifter. It was produced by a big shot american producer who really had no idea about the electronic side of what we were doing, as a result the album is sounded really tame and ‘rock’, i think if ‘Machine’ had produced it (He did 2 other albums with us) we might of had a chance to really break through that glass ceiling most bands hit.

How do you see yourself altering the band and your sound in the future?
is there anything you wish to attempt in the future that’s inspiring you right now? Well ive written half the next album, i want to use more live drum sounds and rhythm guitar but keep the lead sounds digital and fucked up as usual. i think the next album could go two ways, heavy or more stripped and electronic. Now we have Pete Crossman on board we don’t need a producer so its really up to us

A rumour you’d like to start about yourself, or one you’d like stopped?
err… i’d like people to think im really good at golf, i tried to learn last summer and its well hard!! i just enjoy being outside in the sun and walking around, and having a beer in the club house after, its the playing bit thats the problem. It would be great if everyone at the golf club said ‘Theres jim Davies..he’s amazing at golf apparently but you never actually see him playing do ya?

Provadd
Машинист Форума
Глобальный Модератор

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

>>>

facebook

Ответ #38
Процитировать |

What drives you?
my chauffeur

What are your fears?

Ghosts, id shit myself if i ever saw one. And feeling i didn’t achieve what i could have in music..that keeps me up at night.

The revolution comes, who would you like to be first against the wall (and if you’re feeling particularly bitchy, a second, third, fourth and so on…)?

1st-Chavs- i just fucking hate that lot, what exactly do they give society? nothing, wasters. I hate the way this country has become so tolerant, we need zero tolerance 2nd-The P.C mob-i cant bare to watch the news these days, i get so wound up hearing about peoples human rights being violated! jesus we’re supposed to be at war with terrorism, thank god we didn’t have this government in 1939, we’d all the Speaking german. 3rd-Reality t.v producers. dont need to explain..just line em up, ill do it myself. 4th-The people behind those insurance and banking ads (especially the Halifax) i would have to make sure my aim was a little off with those lot..”oh sorry, i missed your heart and shot off your plums…let me try again” 5th-people on public transport shouting into their mobiles, i dont care about your pathetic little life or whether your meeting jeremy tonight ‘for drinks’ keep your fucking voice down.

Best piece of advice you’d give to aspiring musicians, or the best piece of advice you were given when you started?
Enjoy the moment and stop worrying about the next move, i think back to the amazing 3 month tours in the u.s.a when i was having the time of my life but at the time i was thinking about other pointless stuff and before you know it its over, i think becoming content with your lot in life is the hardest but best thing you can accomplish. If you get an album out enjoy it, dont worry about how many units its gonna sell and what everyone else is doing.

If you’re in a car going at the speed of light, and someone turns the headlamps on, would they do anything? i beg your pardon?

you sir have clearly been taking drugs and i shall play no part in your silly games……..but no they wouldn’t do anything.

SJ
Гость

Ответ #39
Процитировать |

Перевод потрясаeт,  программные переводчики, как всегда рулят.

Джим отжег :

What drives you?
my chauffeur
)))

-{AbaraT}-
Форумный Маньяк
Рейтинг: 300

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

Ответ #40
Процитировать |

перевод класс +1!

D3d
Гость

Ответ #41
Процитировать |

Порадовало))

- Пётр -
Социально пассивный
Дед TheProdigy.ru
Бог Форума

Рейтинг: 1101

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

Myspace http://blblbl-smily.livejournal.com/ 145705662

Ответ #42
Процитировать |

кто-нить, сделайте нормальный перевод

БАЦЬКА
Участник Форума
Рейтинг: 70

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

my mind is blowing

Ответ #43
Процитировать |

начал делать перевод(у меня ж специализация English, тока я до хрена  чего позабывал), если устраивает, то продолжу

З.Ы. Provadd, sorry. На новой работе просто пипец домой в 23 и т.п. запара нереальная.

И так, перевод:

Прежний Гитарист Джим Дэвис Pitchshifter/Prodigy с его прошлым, и его будущим с крутым Виктори  Пилл …

Как проходят  записи  для нового альбома?
Джим Дэвис дал начало процессу записи который прошел много стадий. Мы сделали демки всего из нашей студии, я написал первоначальную музыку и подавил жесткий вокал, после  которого  Пепер kieron (басист ) присоединился к запрограммированным барабанам и сжал все, и затем мы повторно сделали запись вокалов с ним, добавив много поддержки голоса и мелодий. Мы попали в маленькую и прекрасную систему. На некоторых трэках как ‘Худший сценарий случая’ мы отслеживали живые инструменты в студии в Уэльсе, так называемой ‘олдскуловской’ студии. Пит Кроссман (портативный компьютер / синтезаторщик ) сделал выпуск многого с альбома и забомбил его микс, мы не встречались с ним до тех пор пока  kieron провел по крайней мере полтора года, работая над демкой. Он придал всему этому форму. Теперь он у нас в команде, и мы имеем миленькую систему для того, чтобы писать мелодии, я обычно пишу ‘актуальную мелодию’, которую затем передают Питу, чтобы добавить удары, после которых  она идет  kieronу, который  сделает редактирование и добавление вокальных мелодий и каких нибудь фишек с бассом которые лучше чем мои.

Какие цели ты ставил прежде чем начать запись?
JD-It отнял у нас много времени, чтобы сделать эту запись, потому что я действительно хотел, чтобы это было правильным. Была стадия, когда группу называли различными именами, и мы сделали несколько гигов, чтобы проверить музыку, но это не было правильно, я хотел, чтобы она была более темной  и электронной которой на то время не являлась, она была слишком бесчувственной. Но тогда я начал работать с DJ HYPER и присоединился к его живой группе, которая открыла дверь для того  чтобы его продюссер Джон Росс сделал несколько мелодий для нас, которые придали нам новую грань, которую я и хотел, а затем мы встретили Пита Кроссмана через Leeroy Thornhillа (Прежний учасник группы Prodigy , участник группы Hyper), таким образом отчасти поместили всё по местам, и мы были в состоянии сделать альбом, который я хотел, таким образом это было лучше,  чем бросаться и просто выпускать что либо.

Сейчас играет: хуйню какую то

SJ
Гость

Ответ #44
Процитировать |

Видел по телеку сегодня  репортаж о концерте Static-X, Victory Pill были у них на разогреве, довольно неплохо отыграли.

adslmodem
Бог Форума
Рейтинг: 2936

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

?

Ответ #45
Процитировать |

у них че с кироном терь своя группа?

Provadd
Машинист Форума
Глобальный Модератор

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

>>>

facebook

Ответ #46
Процитировать |

Victory Pill.

Visualer
Гость

Ответ #47
Процитировать |

постыдился бы хоть

Visualer
Гость

Ответ #48
Процитировать |

блин ... по музлу там нет нигде ничо?
никто не смотрел?

Visualer
Гость

Ответ #49
Процитировать |

У основателя Pitchshifter и гитариста The Prodigy - Джима Дэвиса
скоро выходит альбом ....

"Victory Pill"

Альбом должен был выйти 10 сентября, но перенесли на 1 октября
у кого если уже появился - выкладывайте.

1. Downfall 
2. Another Clone 
3. Thin Line 
4. Worse Case Scenario 
5. Odds Get Even 
6. Red Pill 
7. King And Country 
8. Set In Stone 
9. Free Fall 
10. Wasted On Me 
11. Salvo 
12. Scaremonger 

официальный сайт тут - www.victorypill.com

+ если кто-то пропустил...

два трека с сингла можно послушать тут ...
http://www.myspace.com/victorypill

клип на трек Worse Case Scenario
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2030015240

- Пётр -
Социально пассивный
Дед TheProdigy.ru
Бог Форума

Рейтинг: 1101

[Заценки]
[Комментарии]

Myspace http://blblbl-smily.livejournal.com/ 145705662

Ответ #50
Процитировать |

oink молчит.
на фанки ты сам выложил тему.

больше не знаю где искать

Страницы: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Все Ответ | Уведомлять об ответах 
Показать последних комментариев к сообщениям в теме загрузить

Форум фанов Prodigy  |  О The Prodigy  |  Сольные проекты

Тема: Victory Pill (Jim Davies, Kieron Pepper, Pete Crossman)